Boots to Kitchen
Are you Veteran, transitioning service member, mil-spouse or military-connected family member looking to grow or start a food business? If so, this workshop is for YOU!
Be ready to study, plan and evaluate your own next steps for a restaurant or business idea by joining the NorCal VBOC as we partner with the NorCal SBDC Restaurant Program to bring you this new informative and innovative workshop.
BOOTS to KITCHEN is a training tailored for Veterans that will provide a customized introduction to a variety of Food Businesses.
This two-hour workshop will present numerous approaches to food businesses in general featuring an overview of:
- Food Trucks, Artisan Foods and Cottage Foods (home based businesses)
- Restaurants, MEHKO (micro enterprise home kitchens and Catering
- Convey an overview of the pathway into these businesses
- Evaluating if becoming a food entrepreneur-is it right for you?
- Guiding you through a SWOT Analysis: Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats
- Why a Food Business? Getting a Food Business Started Present the pathway into various food businesses and the regulatory and permitting process
- Learn the qualities of a successful entrepreneur and avoid pitfalls
- Study numerous examples of other Vets experience and food businesses
The information provided in this webinar and any supplementary materials provided to registrants are intended for educational and informational purposes only and does not constitute professional financial or legal advice. No registrant should act or fail to act on the basis of any material contained in this webinar without obtaining proper financial, legal or other professional advice specific to their situation. The Northern CaliforniaSmall Business Development Center, and its host, the HSU Sponsored Programs Foundation, specifically disclaims any liability, loss or risk, personal or otherwise, which is incurred as a consequence, directly or indirectly, of the use and application of any of the information presented in this webinar. By registering for this webinar you acknowledge and agree that you have read, understood, accept and agree to the above disclaimer and that under no circumstances shall the Northern California Small Business Development Center or it’s host, the HSU Sponsored Programs Foundation, be held liable for any claims, losses, or damages of any kind or nature arising out of or in any way related to the information provided in this webinar and/or the registrant’s use of or reliance on said information.