WHAT WE DO
Expert, tailored solutions for every stage of your business
Designed as a one-stop-shop for transitioning service members, veterans, and military spouses looking to start, purchase or grow a business, NorCal VBOC provides business development assistance, training, counseling, mentoring, and resource referrals at no cost to clients.
Training and workshops
Led by experienced professionals who are industry experts, Boots to Business (B2B) training was tailor-made for veteran entrepreneurs, offering a full picture of what it takes to stand out in the crowded marketplace and succeed as an entrepreneur.
VBOC also invites you to check out some of the on-demand webinars in our learning library which provide. These trainings provide real-world examples of the key aspects of starting and growing a business, including funding, target marketing, lease negotiation, market research, business planning, financial management, trade, and more.
Strategic, transformative insights
We provide end-to-end support including credit repair, loan prep, and we walk beside our clients through the entire process of applying for a business loan and continue to support entrepreneurs with lifetime mentorship, to help them achieve the best return on investment for their business, as well as guide their businesses through the unexpected turns in the modern marketplace.
- Test the feasibility and potential profitability of your start-up idea or expansion of an existing business.
- Write a solid business plan before you spend any money.
- Take the right steps to start and successfully manage a small business in the Northern California region.
- Identify funding sources (banks, credit unions, non-traditional business lenders) and SBA loan programs. VBOC is not a lender nor do we represent any lenders.
- Understand business taxes and your financial statements.
- Develop marketing and customer acquisition strategies to grow your business.
- Consider government contracting and take advantage of your veteran-owned small business status in procurement at all levels (federal, state and local).
Meet the right people
As a national network with unique insight into helping veteran small business owners grow their businesses, NorCal VBOC is designed to be the conduit between financial organizations and veteran-owned businesses in order to strengthen the financial health of veteran-owned businesses by expanding access to capital.
Get your business funded
We’re helping veteran entrepreneurs realize their dreams of business ownership through access to capital that opens new possibilities including starting a new business, expanding, buying commercial real estate, purchasing new equipment, and hiring employees.
Veterans are natural entrepreneurs and business leaders.
Disciplined, goal-oriented self-starters — veterans are accustomed to accountability and know the value of being decisive and flexible.
If you are just starting out or looking to grow you are a transitioning service member, VBOC is ready to help you succeed in your next mission — entrepreneurship.